CHILLED PEA SOUP
Delicately fresh and sweet, this chilled pea soup is a healthy summer food idea. Pea is a great source of pea protein that considered as a complete and high quality protein.
Total Serving: 4
Hands-on time: 25 mins
Chilling time: 4 hours
Nutrition Fact: per serving
Fat: 3.3g (1.5g saturated)
Carbohydrates: 12.9g (6.1g sugars)
- Olive oil for frying and drizzling
- Bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300g petits pois/ pea
- 750ml vegetable soup or chicken soup, hot
- Large handful fresh basil
- 60g bag mixed watercress, rocket and spinach salad leaves
- 150ml yogurt
1. Heat some oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the spring onions and cook for 8 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in the peas, then pour over the hot stock, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, roughly chop most of the basil and salad leaves. After the soup has been cooking for 5 minutes, add the chopped leaves to the pan. Bring back to a simmer and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and, using a stick blender, whizz until smooth. Stir in most of the yogurt, then put in an airtight container and chill for at least 4 hours (see Make Ahead).
4. Once chilled, season to taste and divide among 4 bowls. Top with the remaining yogurt, basil, salad leaves and a drizzle of olive oil to serve.
To serve this as a smart starter, top with thinly sliced heritage tomatoes or cooked crayfish.
Make it at least 4 hours in advance (to allow time to chill), or make the day before and keep covered in the fridge. Leftovers will keep for 2-3 days, covered in the fridge.
Delicious. Chilled Pea Soup. Viewed on 19 July 2022, from: https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/chilled-pea-soup/