OAT MILK LONDON FOG CAKE
Prepare Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
A simple and delicious cake inspired by the London fog tea latte, made even better with oat milk. Also great made with English breakfast tea leaves.
5g Earl grey tea leaves
230ml Unsweetened plain oat milk
250g All purpose flour
1.5 teaspoons Baking powder
70g Cane sugar
80ml Canola oil
1.5 teaspoons Vanilla extract
Powdered sugar, to dust
1. Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease or line a 20cm diameter round cake pan.
2. Add the tea leaves and oat milk to a small sauce pan on medium heat to make the tea latte. Let it simmer (but do not boil) while stirring from the bottom with a silicone or wooden spatula until the oat milk is a light brown color (like coffee with cream). Set aside.
3. Mix together the flour, baking powder, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the oil and vanilla extract. Add the oat milk tea to the wet mixture, straining the tea leaves with a fine mesh sieve.
4. Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring with a whisk. Towards the end the batter will become quite thick so use a spatula to incorporate the remaining flour.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let cool on a wire cooling rack but cover it lightly with cling film when it is still slightly warm to prevent drying. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Food52. Oat Milk London Fog Cake. Viewed from: https://food52.com/recipes/83459-oat-milk-london-fog-cake