ROSE JAM RECIPE
Rose petal jam is a fragrant and elegant homemade ingredient to have on hand to elevate breakfast, brunch, or even dessert dishes. Once you have a jar of rose petal jam in your refrigerator, it can be used in a variety of ways.
Rose petals are edible, however, it is important to remember that the best edible flowers are blossoms from your own garden to avoid pesticides and other chemicals. It is also possible to find edible flowers in the produce section of some supermarkets or farmers markets, at local herb gardens and at some restaurant or produce suppliers. Do not use flowers from florist shops since they are usually treated with chemicals.
Serve rose jam on toast, a biscuit, or waffle. Rose jam can also be swirled into yogurt or oatmeal, and it is an elegant dessert when spooned over vanilla ice cream.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Set: 60 mins
Total: 85 mins
Servings: 32 servings
Yield: 4 (8-ounce) jars
3 cups water, or unsweetened apple or white grape juice
1 1/2 cups food-grade rose petals
1 (1.75-ounce) packet powdered fruit pectin
4 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon rose water
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the water or unsweetened juice with the rose petals. Bring the mixture to boiling, stirring occasionally. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Add the sugar. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Quickly skim off any foam with a metal spoon.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and rose water.
5. Pour into sanitized jars and allow to set.
6. Store rose jam in the fridge for up to one month. Enjoy!
The Spruce Eats. Rose Jam. Viewed on 25 Aug 2022, from: https://www.thespruceeats.com/rose-jam-recipe-5097475