BLACK SESAME: BENEFITS & ICE CREAM RECIPE
Black sesame has been used for thousands of years. In traditional Chinese medicine, black sesame often uses to strengthen liver and kidney function. Black sesame is considered as valuable foods with numerous health benefits.
7 Impressive Benefits of Black Sesame: (1)(2)
#1 Reduce grey hair & hair loss
Black sesame enhances melanin production in hair follicles, which is responsible for hair pigment to darken grey hair and reverse grey hair. Black sesame contains lecithin, protein, vitamin E and linoleic acid which nourish the hair root and hair scalp to trigger hair growth.
#2 Healthy skin
Black sesame contains oleic acid to promote new skin cell regeneration and repairing. The presence of linoleic acid in black sesame helps prevent moisture loss and keep skin hydrate to give you healthy-looking skin.
#3 Strong bone
Black sesame is rich in calcium and zinc that important for bone health. Calcium increases bone density and strengthen your bones to prevent osteoporosis.
#4 Helps Regulate Blood Sugar
Black sesame has low carbohydrates, high protein, healthy fats and lignans which play an essential role in maintaining and regulating blood sugar levels.
#5 Help Control Blood Pressure
Black sesame is rich in magnesium that help keep blood pressure normal to prevent hypertension. Polyunsaturated fats in sesame oil also are known to keep blood pressure under check.
#6 Aid in Digestion
Constipation is a common digestive issue faced by many people. They help in curing constipation with their high fiber and unsaturated fatty acid content. While the oil found in black seeds can work as lubricate for your intestines and the fiber helps to keep smooth bowel movements.
#7 Powerful antioxidant
Black sesame oil contains sesamol, sesamolin and sesamin which act as natural antioxidants to fight free radicals that damage cell and prevent aging such as skin aging and grey hair.
Black sesame is used extensively in cooking, baking and desserts such as black sesame paste, biscuit and cake. We would like to share you a black sesame ice cream recipe to make at home, to curb your craving. It is easy to make and no ice cream machine needed.
Black Sesame Ice Cream Recipe (3)
60g Fitwell Black Sesame Powder
200ml Light cream
1) Add black sesame powder and milk into a blender and blend until smooth.
2) Place light cream and sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat with mixer until soft peaks form.
3) Mix the black sesame with light cream, stir with spoon until even.
4) Finally, pour into mold or container and freeze for at least six hours.
5) Serve and enjoy it.
Click here to buy Fitwell Black Sesame Powder (420g)
- HealthifyMe. Sesame seeds: top 11 benefits, healthy recipes and more. Viewed on 19 May 2021, from <https://www.healthifyme.com/blog/sesame-seeds-top-11-benefits-healthy-recipes-and-more/>.
- Herbs & Acupuncture. Black sesame seeds reverse graying & promote healthy hair & much more. Viewed on 19 May 2021, from <https://www.acupuncture-stratford.co.uk/lifestyle/black-sesame-seeds-reverse-greying-promote-healthy-hair-much/#:~:text=Black%20sesame%20seed%20provides%20nourishment,for%20hair%20and%20skin%20colour>.
- Xiaohongshu. Black sesame ice cream recipe. Viewed on 19 May 2021, from <https://www.xiaohongshu.com/discovery/item/5eb517350000000001007817>.